The first Worcester corps wore scarlet jackets with blue facings. The jacket fastened with a single row of 12 – 14 buttons and double loops of white lace went across the front. There were padded scarlet shoulder wings with white edging. Breeches were white with black knee boots and the Tarleton helmet had a black crest, leopard skin turban with white metal chains and white over red plume on the left side. The badge on the right side was a brass triangular plate with a crown above and scroll beneath inscribed “WORCESTERSHIRE” and brass scolls on the front, either side of the turban above the peak inscribed “YEOMANRY” on the right and “CAVALRY on the left. This uniform was worn up to disbandment in 1827 although the Tarleton helmet was replaced sometime before 1824 by a black bell topped shako of unknown description and probably overalls also without evidence.
Upon reformation in 1831 the regiment continued to wear scarlet jackets, this time in the contemporary light dragoon style with gold/yellow lace and two rows of brass buttons down the front. The facings were now yellowish buff on the collar and pointed cuffs, the collar had a thin loop of yellow braid and button. A yellow and red girdle was worn and there were brass shoulder scales. The trousers were dark blue with ½ inch red stripes. The black felt shako had a brass eight pointed star plate and was bound with black leather top and bottom. The plume was white. Farriers wore dark blue coatees with buff facings, a white cloth horseshoe on the right upper arm and a black plume. Trumpeters wore red plumes.
In 1838 the lace changed to silver/white on the uniform and shako which appeared to be less “belled” suggesting a new pattern. The tunic facings now became blue again and a double bar of white pointed gorget lace appeared on the collars. The shako plume remained white and the star plate bore the legend “Queen’s Own” above the garter and “Worcestershire Yeomanry” on the belt. The centre of the star now had the VR cypher. It should be mentioned here that the band wore a unique headdress until 1850. It consisted of a tall bearskin in white fur with a domed brass plate above the black peak. There was a drooping red plume coming out of a brass socket on the top front of the bearskin. In other respects the uniform appeared the same. In 1850, the shako was replaced by a black leather dragoon helmet (of a pattern earlier than the 1847 Albert helmet) with white metal fluted comb and front plate. The helmet was bound around the waist and on the front peak with white metal and the flowing horsehair plume was white over red.
As this uniform was worn until 1871, the Worcestershire Yeomanry may have been the last to wear the old coatee in full dress. A major change came in this year when the dark blue light dragoon tunic was taken into wear. For officers the four hussar loops across the front were silver lace and the tunics were edged all round with the ¾ inch silver check lace. The cuffs were heavily decorated according to rank above and below a silver lace chevron on each cuff. Overalls were blue with ¾ inch silver lace stripe.
The uniform for other ranks at this time is unknown except for a suggestion in a regimental history that the blue tunic had four crimson loops across the front and the edging was also crimson. Both officers and men wore an astrakhan busby similar to that worn at the time by rifle regiments (Or the East Kent Mounted Rifles). It had a red bag and the plume was red. The cap lines were white. The overalls were apparently the same as worn with the old uniform with the red stripes. Given the supposed crimson loops on the tunic, it appears that the uniform designers and tailors for the regiment were not slaves to fashion! In 1886 pantaloons with double scarlet stripes and knee boots were introduced. The Astrakhan busby was replaced in 1890 by the 1888 pattern hussar busby with scarlet bag with white lacing and button with white cap lines and red plume. In 1892 the contemporary hussar tunic was adopted with six loops and white metal dome buttons. The collar became scarlet and no cords were worn on the shoulders. The tunics of SNCOs down to sergeant had silver lacing instead of white and NCOs wore silver lace chevrons on scarlet backings while all corporals and above wore a crown as a regimental arm badge. The regiment’s appearance now coincided for the most part with most hussar dressed yeomanry units.
New stable jackets were introduced in 1892 which followed general hussar patterns. It was blue with scarlet collar piped white and white loops on the cuffs with 10 buttons down the front. This was replaced in 1898 by a plain blue five button frock with box pleated pockets on the chest and shoulder chains. Pill box caps which had been blue with red bands were in 1892 blue with white bands, top edge, dome button and looped figuring on the top. These features were silver for sergeants and SNCOs. In 1897 a contemporary folding field cap was introduced for all ranks. It was scarlet with white piping for other ranks but sergeants and above had silver piping on the flaps and top seams.
In 1902 the regiment adopted an attractive full dress uniform based on that of the New South Wales Lancers. It was khaki with scarlet plastron, collar and cuffs, breeches and overalls with double scarlet stripes and a khaki slouch hat with red plume and red top fold on the puggaree. When mounted, brown Stohwasser gaiters were worn. It apparently was not popular with the men however. For service dress the other ranks had khaki frocks with scarlet stand and fall collar with scarlet trefoils on the cuffs and tan breeches piped red. The slouch hat remained in use until 1907. In 1908 the hussar full dress was reintroduced and worn with a drummer’s red staff pattern peaked cap. For service dress, the regular army khaki kit and cap were worn. At the coronation of King George V, the unit turned out in the hussar uniform with red caps but now with white double stripes on the overalls.